The Phone Skills report can be accessed directly from the main navigation menu. The purpose of this report is to provide key information about the outcome of tracked inbound calls; including call volume by dealership, agent assignments, phone skills scoring and more.
PLEASE NOTE: When Agent Assignment is manually updated in the Call Log, the Phone Skills report will automatically be updated to reflect those changes. Please allow up to 1 minute for the Phone Skills report to update once those changes have been made to the agent assignment.
Sections in this article:
- Report Overview
This report contains four primary tabs for viewing phone skills information:
- Staff: List view of call tracking information for assigned users
- Dealership: List view of call tracking by assigned dealerships
- Sale Scorecard: Phone skills scoring metrics for Sales
- Service Scorecard: Phone skills scoring metrics for Service
Only management level users will have access to all four tab reports based on their assigned accounts or dealerships. Non-Manager users will only see Scorecards for their assigned departments (Sales and/or Service).
The Staff view contains call tracking information for each assigned user based on the filtered timeframe. The following additional information is included in this report page:
- Coaching Alerts: Number of Coaching Alerts triggered by the user
- Coaching Engage: Percentage of triggered Coaching Alerts the user has viewed
- Biz Dev Completion: Percentage of assigned training courses completed in Biz Dev University
The Dealership view contains call tracking information for each dealership based on the selected timeframe and the assigned dealerships.
The Sales & Service Scorecards are based on scored calls. Information is divided into four key sections:
- Phone Skills Score
- Opportunity Funnel
The following is an explanation of each section.
PHONE SKILLS SCORE
This section provides a percentile score for each of the following:
- Phone Skills: Overall percentile ranking score.
- Contact Info: Overall percentile ranking for obtaining contact information.
- Sales Skills: Overall percentile ranking for sales performance skills.
- Appointment Request: Overall percentile ranking for requesting appointments.
- Appointment Set: Overall percentile ranking for setting appointments.
Percentile Scores Explained:
The percentile scores represent a ranking; not a percentage. Percentile scores range from 1st through 99th percentile, with 50 being the average. So if a user scored a percentile rank of 8.5, it would mean they performed better than 85% of the other users in the comparison group. The comparison group consists of ALL USERS in BDC Central and Caller CX with call tracking scores.
The Opportunity Funnel provides call metrics for inbound calls tracked during the selected timeframe. For each metric, a total data count and a relative percentage achieved is displayed. This section also includes data cards for Missed Opps and CSI Watch list (explained below).
- Connected: Indicates total number of calls where the call was connected to the intended person/department.
- Acquired Customer Info: Indicates the number of calls where the caller's contact information was obtained.
- Appt Requested: Indicates the number of calls where the agent requested an appointment.
- Appt Set: Indicates the number of calls where the agent set an appointment.
- Solid Appt: Indicates the number of calls where a solid appointment was set. A solid appointment is defined as an appointment set for a specific day and specific time. (For example, Thursday at 4:00pm)
Opportunity Funnel - Data Cards
The data cards in this section include information about the total number of calls for each of the following metrics:
Missed Opportunities: Number of calls marked as Missed Opportunities
CSI Watch List: Number of calls marked as CSI Watch List (low customer satisfaction calls)
The Convert data card section includes percentage rates for appointment opportunities during the selected timeframe.
The first donut chart represents Appointment Opportunities. Here the percentage achieved for Solid Appointments, Unppointed and Soft Appointments is displayed.
The second donut chart represents Unappointed opportunities. Here the percentage achieved for Request appointments and No Appointment Requested are displayed.
The Scorecard provides a breakdown of the metrics that were used to determine the user's Percentile ranking for each Phone Skills score. For each Phone Skills score below, Contact Info, Sales Skills, Appointment Request, and Appointment Set, the Percentile ranking is displayed again. Below the Percentile ranking are the results from the indicators used to evaluate each Phone Skills percentile ranking.
Scoring Indicators are listed below each Phone Skill Ranking and the corresponding achievement is displayed as YES and NO. These values represent the number of times the Scoring Indicator was heard on a call.
In the example image above, the Appointment request Phone Skills scorecard, the user has an 8.2 percentile ranking (in the 82nd percentile). Request Appointment (indicator) was heard 145 (YES) and was not heard 478 (NO) times for a total of 623 calls evaluated.
Additional comparative data is provided for Previous (prior score for previous timeframe), Industry Avg (average for all users in BDC Central and Caller CX) and Top 10% (of all users in BDC Central and Caller CX).
The scoring indicators that were used to determine the percentile rankings are listed below each Phone Skills type.
- Contact Info: Aquire First Name, Aquire Full Name, Aquire Primary # and Aquire Email
- Sales Skills:
- Sales - Promotion Mention, Qualifying Questions, Check Availability
- Service -Vehicle Verification, Check for Recalls
- Request Appointment
- Appointment Setting: Schedule Appointment, Set Solid Appointment